- I don''t know the IP address of my monitor, how do I access it?
- It depends on which version of the Climate Monitor you have. An easy way to check is to look for an IP Reset button underneath the RJ45 jack. If there is a reset button, click here. If not, click here.
- How do I use the IP Reset button and what does it reset?
The IP Reset button can be used to perform a `simple` reset or a full factory reset. A simple reset will change the following:
Name & Password Settings; Administrator, Control and View-Only accounts will becleared.
Network Settings: will be reset to the default of;
- DHCP Disabled
- IP Address: 192.168.123.123
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 192.168.123.1
Web Server: will be reset to the default of:
- Protocols: HTTP and HTTPS
- HTTP Port : 80
- HTTPS Port: 443
To perform a simple reset, take a small jewellers screwdriver, or paperclip, press and hold the the switch for about 15-20 seconds, or until both the IDLE and ACTIVITY LED''s light up simultaneously. Release the switch and wait for the LED''s to resume their normal pattern to indicate that the reset process is complete.
- I do not have an IP Reset button, how can I access my Climate Monitor without an IP address?
Your monitor should still be accessible by its factory default IP address of 192.168.123.123, even if a new IP address has previously been set up for it. You will need to connect directly to the unit via a crossover cable, and configure your NIC settings as follows:
IP Address: 192.168.123.100
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
You should then be able to open a web browser and direct it to http://192.168.123.123. From here you will be able to review the IP settings for your monitor.
- How do I telnet to my Climate Monitor?
- The login for telnet uses the username & password for Admin account access. If these fields are blank, you will not be able to login. You can add/amend these values on the Configuration page.